To get in touch with a different language market, you have to face up to its culture, mind-set and habits. The more you want to be competitive, the more you have to know local needs without neglecting your purpose and your target requirements.
Professional Localization is key for an International Audience, but what is Localization and why do you really need it for the development of your Marketing strategy?
Here’re 5 reasons why you should never forget to Localize your Brand:
1. Localization Process involves comprehensive study of the Target Culture, in order to reach people who speak different languages, with, for instance, different dialect or idioms. A fully-realised Language means a more competitive reality.
2. As part of a well-structured and prepared company, you are supposed to create a version of the text that can be understood by people who speak the Target Language. Do not delegate this all-too-human function to a machine translation system. Responsible Localization differs from mere translation.
3. Never forget to deeply understand the Culture of your Customers: irony and common sense are a must-have in Localization Research, in order to avoid mismatch in Communication
4. Localization doesn’t only involve literature: The selection of the right images to be included in your Localized Content should be suited for for the country’s culture(the same image, for example, can discourage another one).
5. A successful Localization Process needs a well-planned and clear strategy. More specifically, you have to start to define how you want to grab your potential buyer and how to Translate Marketing Strategy in words, in SEO activities and in web design.
A global friendly website leads to a positive customer experience and enhances your Brand Credibility.
Therefore, do not underestimate the value of good quality Localization!
This article was written by Emma Bisignano, SEO and Content Specialist