To get in touch with a different language market and to localize your brand, you have to face up to its culture, mind-set and habits. The more you want to be competitive, the more you have to know local needs without neglecting your purpose and your target requirements.
Professional Localization is key for an International Audience, but what is Localization and why do you really need it for the development of your Marketing strategy? Have a look at the suggestions that will help you to localize your brand.
Here are 5 reasons why you should never forget to Localize your Brand:
1. An efficient Localization Process involves comprehensive study of the Target Culture, in order to reach people who speak different languages, with, for instance, different dialect or idioms. A fully-realised Language means a more competitive reality. The first important objective is to know who your audience is. If you lack a clear understanding of who you are addressing and how they will relate to your content, your marketing localization efforts may be doomed to failure.
2. As part of a well-structured and prepared company, you are supposed to create a version of the text that can be understood by people who speak the target language. Do not delegate this all-too-human function to a machine translation system. Responsible localization differs from mere translation. There are still many semantic analyses that need to be done to understand the meaning of sentences and the concordance between several languages, however, until that day, we still need to employ professional human translators with some experience in the field.
3. Never forget to deeply understand the Culture of your Customers: irony and common sense are a must-have in Localization Research, in order to avoid mismatch in Communication. Localization is defined as the mechanism of tailoring the description of a product or content to a specific market. Localization is an extremely significant feature of any new approach to the foreign market, as it ensures that the brand communicates in the same language as the prospective customer.
Although each of us is individual, there are certain aspects that unify and distinguish people in various groups. Geography, demography, beliefs, opinions, languages and experiences are factors that determine our identity. Localization is the way to adapt and modify content so that it can have a good resonance in the target audience.
4. Localization doesn’t only involve literature: The selection of the right images to be included in your Localized Content should be suited for for the country’s culture (the same image, for example, can discourage another one). Since images take on completely different significance for different languages, it is a serious mistake to focus on different countries with the same identical images. Obviously your pictures in your localized website should not be offensive to your visitors and should not be adapted to the local culture. However, adapting the images to the target market indicates that you have made an effort to convey your brand message using an original touch.
5. A successful Localization Process needs a well-planned and clear strategy. More specifically, you have to start to define how you want to grab your potential buyer and how to Translate Marketing Strategy in words, in SEO activities and in web design. The more you analyze your target audience of your website, the more you can find out what kind of products they are looking for.
A global friendly website leads to a positive customer experience and enhances your Brand Credibility. Try to make the best out of your website – it is worth it!
Therefore, do not underestimate the value of good quality Localization!
This article was written by Emma Bisignano, SEO and Content Specialist